We are looking for an experienced Freelance Android developer for developing a high traffic platform.
Location: Hybride / Rotterdam (50/50)
Period: 6+ months
Project start date: ASAP
#android #softwaredeveloper #kotlin #MVVM #reactinative
Developing mobile apps is what makes you excited and you take great pride and responsibility to deliver the best products to our millions of customers together with the team that you will be working with. On a daily basis our content reaches millions of users. We have built a white-label platform for web and app which serves the 2 biggest national news brands as well as 8 regional brands in the Netherlands and Belgium.
You will be part of a cross-functional and agile web development team that consists of 9 people from the Netherlands and Belgium. We speak English to communicate with each other in the team. Our home base is our Rotterdam office close to our editorial staff and other digital teams that work on this platform.
Currently, we embrace a hybrid working model. We are one/two days per week in the office, the rest we work from home.
What are you going to do?
– Contribute to building the best possible platform for our readers and users.
– You have the opportunity to contribute to the news and to inform more than 1 million people daily.
– Your focus is primarily on the development of mobile Android apps.
– As part of the Scrum team, you’ll play an important role between development, the product owner and our (UX) designers.
– We work with DevOps – “You build it, You Run it”!
– You are an Android / Kotlin expert with 5+ years of experience.
– You understand the principles of MVVM and you have practical experience.
– You have experience with CI / CD, dependency injection, concurrency, networking, unit testing.
– You love learning new things, and you keep a close eye on technological developments.
– You have an Agile mindset and experience with Scrum or other Agile methodologies
– You are team-oriented, curious, open-minded and willing to learn.
– You are positively critical and always looking for the “why” of things;
– You put Test Driven Development into practice
– You are fluent in English
Extra bonus points for:
– Knowledge of Jira and Confluence.
– Knowledge of advertising and / or media.
– Have worked with high traffic apps.
– Knowledge of React Native, Test Driven Design, Performance Testing / Optimization and everything related to hybrid functionalities.
Michel Koning 06 – 34657362
If you are interested in this freelance role please send us your up-to-date CV (word format) + short motivation based on the job description (!)+ indication rate via the button below or call us for more information 06 – 34657362.