We are looking for a freelance Front-end webdeveloper to change the front-end significant.
Location: 4 days remote / 1 day on-site Rotterdam
Start: ASAP, within 4 weeks
Duration: 6 months
Extra: candidate has to be Dutch speaking!
On a daily basis the content of this large media house reaches millions of users. We have built a white-label platform for web and app which serves the 2 biggest national news brands, as well as 8 regional brands in the Netherlands and Belgium.
About the team
You will be part of a cross-functional and agile web development team that consists of 9 people from the Netherlands and Belgium. We speak Dutch to communicate with each other in the team and sometimes English with other teams.
Our home base is the Rotterdam office, close to our editorial staff and other digital teams that work on this platform. Currently, we all work from home, which works really well. Once we can return to our offices we most likely will not require our development teams to be in the office 5 days per week but come to a more hybrid way of working (i.e. at least 1 day per week in Rotterdam).
– Our front-end will be undergoing some serious changes this year, so this is a key position. You will be working in a cloud based environment while always striving for the best code quality and applying security measures. – You will be working with highly talented people
– You’ll deliver the best news product to our users
– Because you’re working in a huge landscape with advanced technologies, you will keep on learning every day.
Your main tasks are:
– Continuously develop and release new code to production within an agile work environment. This also involves optimising (internal) code integrations from other teams (e.g. marketing, analytics & advertisement squads)
– “You build it, you run it”; meaning you will take as a team full responsibility for delivering good working software and maintaining it.
– Continuously improve our services to make them more robust, scalable and reliable
– Work with your UX colleagues to optimise for best effort / return value.
– Together with your peers, you define the software architecture of the services
– Sharing knowledge within our group of developers and together making sure our platform evolves continuously
Michel Koning 06 – 34657362
If you are interested in this freelance role please send us your up-to-date CV (word format) + short motivation based on the job description (!)+ indicationrate via the button below or call us for more information 085 – 06 53 646 or 06 – 34657362.