For our end-user client we are looking for an experienced Freelance Lead Java developer (experience with Translating Area architecture to solution design).
Start date: ASAP
Location: remote / Amsterdam
Duration: 6+ months
Extra: English speaking candidates living in the Netherlands are welcome
#Leadjavadeveloper #architecture #solution design
You will be part of our Customer Services Area, consisting of seven DevOps IT teams who are building and running the environment to service our customers.
Our services impact millions of readers/viewers in The Netherlands and Belgium. The team you’ll be working in is responsible for the new self service environment for all brands and website.
The team has to completely rebuild the application and all its infrastructure on AWS. This includes continuous integration and delivery.
The team consists of full stack developers, frontend developers, a business analyst and a QA engineer.
Your tasks as a Lead developer:
– Brings the team together
– Translates Area architecture to solution design (incl. coordination with other teams)
– Keeps an eye out for Security (incl. coordination)
– Maintains a helicopter view on our targeted solution
– Guards the balance between perfectionism and functional development in the team
– Supports development for features with difficulties
Skills / experience:
– Java (Kotlin is nice to have), Maven, Gradle
– AWS, services such as Beanstalk, Lambda, API Gateway, CloudWatch, Elastic Container Services, Fargate, Amplify.
– A strong vision on how to set up maintainable software from scratch.
– Proven experience with cloud native applications that handles serious load.
– How to set up CI/CD efficiently.
– Infrastructure as code.
– How to use containers such as Docker/Kubernetes
– Greenfield development
– Event driven architecture
– Solid principles
– Cloud computing
– Code quality (extensibility, maintainability, testability)
– System availability, scalability, reliability, security
– Universal frontends/SSR
– Component development
– Design System
– It would be also nice if you have knowledge about:
– React.js and how to host modern single page applications (we use Next.js)
– Command Query Responsibility Segregation
– Domain driven design
– Hexagonal Architecture
– DDD / TDD
– Ports and adapters architecture
Michel Koning 06 – 34657362