For our end-user client in Amsterdam we are looking for an experienced Freelance Product owner.
Startdate: 1 – 11 – 2020
Duration: 3 maanden (met optie verlenging per 3 maanden)
CV + motivation in English
Background of the role
In the Fulfilment domain, we are working on a number of major digital development initiatives related to Delivery Management. One of the product areas within Delivery Management is Last Mile Delivery for products and services to the customer which includes Delivery & services integration with TMS, Last Mile execution, Service business settlemetns.
Within this area there are many ongoing initatives as the solution serves a great purpose both in the digital transformation programme as well as in the future order orchestration flow where the service business cost is an important factor.
We need of an experienced Product Owner who can drive this area, both in terms of setting the roadmap for the product, driving larger iniatives or smaller feature development, handle the development backlog together with our external IT service provider and internal stakeholders.
The assignment will also include business analytical tasks, such as gathering requirements and drive feature development towards our external IT vendor.
The scope of the consultant services is to assist in….
– be responsible for maximizing the business results and customer value resulting from the development and deployment of digital products by making trade-off decisions as needed
– developing the product roadmap and MVP versions and ensure timely delivery
– Identify key outcomes and metrics for the product
– actively manage the digital product backlog including clearly expressing product backlog items and prioritizing items based on business goals and optimization of work in the agile team
– be involved in sprint planning meetings to help provide clarity and elaborate features and user stories to help the team better understand the requirements and how success will be measured
– work with customer to understand and qualify their needs and requirements, ensuring they are included and integrated into the product as needed
– act as a subject matter expert for Product teams, providing insight, context and additional information as needed to help understanding of what is required
– work collaboratively with other Product Owners & Managers across Digital to refine the backlog and identify cross journey dependencies work cross-functional to ensure that the agile team has what is needs and remove blockers that prevent the agile team to maximize the delivery of digital products
Desired knowledge, experience, competence skills etc.
– Knowledge on Delivery and Service Management Business process and Solutions prefarably within large retail organisation
– Requirements management methods and tools
– Business Analysis: Ability to collect, substantiate, analyse, verify and prioritize information on all (detail) levels and derive relevant and accurate business requirements
– Proven experience in working in a Complex environment
– Ability to combine Business and IT knowledge
– Ability to define Product and come up with the MVP, Roadmap Should be really good with defining product outcomes, metrics and measurement
– Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management
– Facilitating, planning and managing workshops and activities
– Experience of working with Agile, Scrum teams
– Basic knowledge of IT Delivery processes, IT Strategy, the application landscape and the business information it contains Leading, directing, and empowering team members without formal management authority
Three most important things
– Define and build product MVP and Roadmaps. Actively manage the digital product backlog including clearly expressing product backlog items and prioritizing items
– Work with customer to understand and qualify their needs and requirements, ensuring they are included and integrated into the product as needed
– Act as a subject matter expert for Product teams, providing insight, context and additional information as needed to help understanding of what is required
Michel Koning 06 – 34657361