We are looking for an experienced Freelance senior Data engineer in the Machine learning domain with knowledge of Spark / PySpark, Glue, Python and AWS.
Location: Remote working during Corona / Amsterdam
Period: 6-12 months
Project startdate: november 2021
Extra: English speaking candidates welcome, living in The Netherlands though
As a machine learning data engineer you are part of the ADdata team that builds and optimizes data-driven solutions in the advertising domein.
We combine all the data from our company, from customers and from external sources in models to, for example, increase the performance of advertising campaigns, in tools for advertisers to compose their ideal target group and in dashboards to gain insights.
– you are part of an Agile team (10 FTE) as a Data engineer with 2-weekly sprints with a lot of exposure to business
– You take a leading role within the dev. team and coaches fellow data engineers & data scientists in using best practices (data modelling, architecture, code, testing, …)
– You can translate business questions into a solid data & software architecture and make the right technology choices for every problem
– You industrialize ETL jobs for data selection, you build and feed ML models, run monitoring jobs & extract data for KPIs & reports
– You help build the CI/CD stack & configurable infrastructure (TerraForm)
– You engineer the underlying datasets and make them available for our B2B Datalab web platform
– You work both proactively and at the request of the business & product owner, and you build on the data models, segments, insights and knowledge of the business
– You continuously share and expand your knowledge with colleagues in the data engineering & data science guilds within our company
– master’s degree or PhD degree in Computer Science, Applied Informatics with graduation option or first experience in AI and/or Data Science
– You have several years of professional experience as a Data Engineer in a big data environment
– Experience within an AWS stack (Code pipeline, Glue, Lambda, …), with thorough knowledge of Spark, Python & Airflow is a must
– You are also up to date with the current data science/machine learning algorithms in classification, clustering, text mining, etc.
– Experience with TerraForm, Scala and Snowflake is a plus, or willingness to learn
– You know that data science is not only about algorithms, but also about exploring, processing, structuring, interpreting,… and communicating insights to end customers. So data is more than a collection of bits for you!
– You are strongly interested in media, marketing and digital. You want to understand the ‘business’ as much as the ‘algorithm’
– Experience with digital marketing and advertising systems is a plus.
Michel Koning 06 – 346573612