We are looking for an experienced freelance Java developer preferably with experience with Kafka and Kubernetes.
Start: within 4 weeks
Location: Remote during Corona / Amsterdam in a later stage
Duration: 12 months
Extra: CV + motivation based on the job specs in English
We are looking for a passionate engineer who is excited about technology and innovative ways of working and want to be a part of shaping the future of our client.
One of the largest international retailers.
As a person you have a proven ability to develop high quality code using and applying good practices. You have a curious nature and actively acquire new knowledge, skills, champion new methods, digital systems and processes to improve performance.
Doing so, will enable you to change direction based on new ideas, approaches and strategies. You will be empowered to work agile and through continuous improvement within the software engineering function.
By encouraging simplicity, efficiency, ownership, accountability makes you easy to collaborate with others to achieve our common goals.
The backend stack:
– Java spring boot, postgres, kafka, kubernetes, websockets
– JS, JVM, Java/Kotlin, Node/Typescript, Python, Cloud systems knowledge (vendor independent), Cloud agnostic applications, 12 factor app, Serverless, Event-Architectures, API
The front-end Frontend:
– React, websockets, material ui, sentry + nodejs (preferred fullstack developer).
To be successful as a Senior Software Engineer you:
– have advanced training in computer science or similar experience through keeping up with current best practices
– you have demonstrable experience in working in an Agile and DevOps environment
– you get energized by delivering high quality software in an agile environment, with a focus on well-functioning software ecosystems, democratic data, smart infrastructure and building a resilient foundation
Desired knowledge, experience, competence, skills etc.:
– Being accountable for delivering quality software quickly, reliably and safely to production, and understanding the customer impact and experience of your contribution
– Working in autonomous teams and across the capability areas
– Sparring with product owners and business specialists
– Applying and adhere to good practice software engineering practices (XP, TDD, BDD)
– Continuous integration
– Experience with pair Programming and code Reviews
– Experience in implementing Test automation practices.
– Experience in building cloud agnostic products.
– Providing support and guidance as needed to other developers within the development team encouraging good practices, as well as creating an environment based on psychological safety.
– Contributing to the continuous development of standards against which software development should take place as well as exploring and bring in new technologies and tools to boost innovation and development productivity.
– Helping to identify, collect, automate and use the right data points to improve our overall software engineering process, as well as helping with business measures to improve our digital products.
Three most important things:
– Experience in tech stack provided above and have experience in building cloud agnostic products.
– Set up CI/CD pipelines for the team and lso implement Test automation.
– Experience from working in an agile team and part of a DevOps team including 24/7 support (duty phone appr. every 10th week).
Michel Koning 085 – 06 534 64
Michel Koning 085 – 06 534 64