We are looking for a System support engineer with some experience in networking (Cisco).
Duration: 6-12 months
Experience: 1 to 5 years
Extra: English and Dutch required, drivers license, great communication skills, CV + motivation in English
Our client is based in Groningen and now we are looking to expand the team of 2 System Support engineers.
As a Sr. Support Engineer you deliver small to medium automation service projects.
This includes modifications, enhancements, extensions, upgrades, start-up assistance, commissioning, maintenance (incl. repair) of software and hardware within the agreed time frame, requirements and performance.
You are a specialist in the field of:
– system management and engineering (70%)
– network management (30%)
– security integration (firewall updates, rules, etc.)
You work in a multidisciplinary team on the realization of advanced industrial networks.
Hereby you are responsible for (independently) configuring, installing, troubleshooting and testing routers, switches, firewalls, Active Directory, WSUS, McAfee ePO and other security applications.
– You are responsible for call handling; investigate causes of malfunction, corrective maintenance in Hardware and Software (e.g. replacing Hard Discs, Screens, Cards, installing Patches, Anti-Virus, etc.).
– You will prevent incidents & do maintenance (installing windows patches / anti-virus)
– You will carry out remote checks on system statuses and notifications of the client, as well as actively working on client’s systems on site.
– You deliver small to medium automation service projects (modifications, enhancements, extensions, upgrades, start-up assistance, commissioning, maintenance (incl. repair) of software and hardware within the agreed time frame, equirements and performance.
– You are responsible for (independently) configuring, installing, troubleshooting and testing routers, switches, firewalls, Active Directory, WSUS, McAfee ePO and other security applications.
All in all you are a specialist in the field of system, network and security integration.
Your main location is Groningen, but you will also go to other sites sometimes.
– A completed IT related MBO-4 or HBO education;
– Great communication skills;
– Preferably one or more achieved MCSE and / or MCSA Certificates;
– Knowledge of and experience with Windows Server (2012/2016), Windows 10, Active Directory, WSUS, McAfee ePO and Virtualization (Hyper-V), ITIL;
– a pré is: some knowledge of Veam;
– Experience with Cisco switches, routers and firewalls;
– At least 1+ year of work experience in a similar field of expertise
– A practical attitude and strong analytical skills;
– A flexible, customer-friendly and solution-oriented attitude;
– Excellent communication skills and good command of the English language in speech and writing.
NICE to haves
– MCSE or MCSA
– Cisco device experience
– Industrial Automation (industry experience)
– Systems (Engineering)
Michel Koning 06 – 34657362