We are looking for a IT support engineer with experience in networking and system management.
Duration: 6-12 months
Experience: 1 to 5 years
Extra: English required, drivers license, great communication skills, CV + motivation in English
Our client is based in Groningen and now we are looking to expand the team of 6 Support engineers.
– You are responsible for call handling; investigate causes of malfunction, corrective maintenance in Hardware and Software (e.g. replacing Hard Discs, Screens, Cards, installing Patches, Anti-Virus, etc.).
– You will prevent incidents & do maintenance (installing windows patches / anti-virus)
– You will carry out remote checks on system statuses and notifications of the client, as well as actively working on client’s systems on site.
– You deliver small to medium automation service projects (modifications, enhancements, extensions, upgrades, start-up assistance, commissioning, maintenance (incl. repair) of software and hardware within the agreed time frame, equirements and performance.
– You are responsible for (independently) configuring, installing, troubleshooting and testing routers, switches, firewalls, Active Directory, WSUS, McAfee ePO and other security applications.
All in all you are a specialist in the field of system, network and security integration.
Your main location is Groningen, but you will also go to other sites sometimes
– A completed IT related MBO-4 or HBO education;
– Great communication skills;
– Preferably one or more achieved MCSE and / or MCSA Certificates;
– Knowledge of and experience with Windows Server, Active Directory, WSUS, McAfee ePO and Virtualization;
– Experience with Cisco switches, routers and firewalls;
– At least 1+ year of work experience in a similar field of expertise
– A practical attitude and strong analytical skills;
– A flexible, customer-friendly and solution-oriented attitude;
– Excellent communication skills and good command of the English language in speech and writing.
Network Engineering is most important!
– Focus is more like 2nd/3rd line support
– Customer & technical support (attitude, not the work)
– Helpdesk job: but then on the road
NICE to haves
– MCSE or MCSA
– Cisco device experience
– Industrial Automation (industry experience)
– Systems (Engineering)
Michel Koning 06 – 34657362